Please mouseover golden words to get additional information.
San Jose del Cabo City Hall is located at the end of Blvd. Mijares and Doblado St. on the Mijares Square. The building houses many Los Cabos County premises including the Major's office.
Before having its own building the power plant was installed there and it worked from 19.00 to 22.00 hrs. In 1936 an ambulant movie theater was installed in the City hall's patio.
A humorous anecdote is still told about how a farmer that was seating in the front row saw a group of horses coming from the screen towards him and stood up to scare them away!
San Jose City Hall in 1957
In 1928 the law that regulates federal territories is reformed and the free counties are dissolved in the Baja California Federal Territory.
In 1929 San Jose del Cabo was named delegacion politica or district together with La Paz, Mulege, Comundu, Todos Santos and Santiago.
In 1971 free counties were reestablished in the Baja California territory, La Paz, Mulege and Comundu counties are then established.
In 1974 Baja California is named by the National Congress a Free State and in 1980 The State Congress promulgated the creation of Los Cabos County. In 1981 the First County Council of Los Cabos began to operate.
Antonio Mijares memorial and City Hall building in the late 1930's